• Page:

TOPIC:

There's a new WebMaster in Town 4 years 3 months ago #954

• LPBuckley
  • LPBuckley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13
Well, it's now official....I am now the new WebMaster. Al Wilson has passed the baton to me and is on his way back north of the border as we write this. My goals are quite simple:
1. Try not to break anything!
2. Keep the website running and in good order.
3. Update and refresh areas where needed.
4. Breathe some new life into the Forums!
5. Provide an open line of communication for suggestions on how to improve and expand OUR website capabilities.

Al has left me some pretty large shoes to fill as I follow in his footsteps....I sincerely appreciate the vote of confidence that he and Ken Barker have given me with this new role. Let's have some fun together!
The following user(s) said Thank You: F521539Poor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by LPBuckley.

There's a\ (more humble) WebMaster in Town 1 year 6 months ago #1058

• LPBuckley
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Houston, we have a PROBLEM!

It seems that somewhere in the last year or so a software misconfiguration has found its' way into the underlying Forums software. I discovered it initially a couple months ago when I attempted to make a new Classified listing to help Meghan Ryan advertise Charlie's coach for sale after he passed....and I couldn't do it!

So far, finding a solution has eluded me and beyond that, I'm finding my role as President has taken up the better part of any "spare" moments I might dedicate to website maintenance.....are there any Joomla experts in the audience? If so, please use the "Contact Us" form on the main page to get back to me.....this Forum line of communication is broken.....

There's a\ (more humble) WebMaster in Town 1 month 1 week ago #1062

• LPBuckley
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
So, for the VERY few who actually sign in and check the Forum, I can now report that it is repaired and fully functional!!!!  Let's use this tool for increased exchange of valuable information and community to its' fullest....
The following user(s) said Thank You: tkeppler

There's a\ (more humble) WebMaster in Town 1 month 1 week ago #1063

• tkeppler
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 0
Good to know that you have been able to fix the forum and the ability to renew on-line. I had hopped on after sending you the most recent e-mail to see if there was a newsletter that I might have missed for Spring 2024. I could not find it in the list. Any news on your heath that I can share with our men's group? If so, send me an e-mail rather than posting on the forum....
Did I tell you about our most recent coach - 2012 Itasca Sunstar 30T. We have has 3 outings so far (2 local and 1 to Ohio). It is loaded and ready to travel to Myrtle Beach on Saturday for just 2 nights. Next week we are scheduled fo have the brakes checked before the next trip to Tennessee for 5 days for family reunion mid-June.

There's a\ (more humble) WebMaster in Town 3 weeks 5 days ago #1065

• LPBuckley
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi Tim,

I've been busy with some travel and some tending to helping my good friend, Bob, with his post surgical recovery process....plus updating his Pseudo Trek (Flair) with LiFePo4 200AH, Solar (800W) and Inverter (2000W pure sine).  Bob and I go waaaay back to age 8 when we first met....his participation and activity with the RV world was severely impacted last year by three emergency vascular bypass surgeries to his left leg which were unsuccessful in the end.  He underwent a successful amputation above the knee in January (missing our annual Quartzsite outing) and got his prosthesis in early April following a lengthy recovery.  In late April we executed the "carrot on a stick" incentive to get back out and active by caravanning together from his home in Vancouver, WA up to Hoodsport. WA for a NWTFC rally.  Last month he and I drove up to Kent, WA to buy his new-to-him next toad, a 2001 Chevy Tracker 4WD w/automatic transmission to replace his Jeep 5 speed (the clutch pedal and entry hight were now an issue....).  Later this month we will be attending the NWTFC 20th Anniversary rally in McMinnville together.

As to the Spring Safari Trails issue, it has been delayed due to some health/family issues which have adversely affected our new Editor, so it appears that our Summer issue or possibly our Fall issue may be when we see our next release as a result.....lot's of moving pieces!

In further news concerning the Website, I've managed to overcome one more challenge to keeping it going by finding a work-around for the underlying conflict with updating the supporting PHP version which pulls the whole thing together....previously the highest I could get was PHP v7.4 which was at end of life and no longer receiving security updates.  Attempting to upgrade to PHP v 8.1 caused "issues"...now resolved with a baseline configuration change.  OK, that's quite enough GEEK SPEAK!  Let's just say that keeping this site up and running smoothly has required a LOT more geek research than I had time for while President, but now I seem to be making some progress.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Home | About Us | Photos | Rallies | Members | News | Forum | Contact Us
© Copyright 2014-2020 Safari International | Website developed by Blu Dove Designs | Website Hosting provided by InterServer