Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Great time in Quartzsite as a new member! 7 years 7 months ago #353

• F441719Charney
  • F441719Charney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I want to thank all of the wonderful people I met at my first ever motor home rally at Quartzsite. One could not ask for a friendlier, more gracious, or more welcoming group than this one! Thank you one and all for a wonderful time, and hope to see you again in March at Pomona!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Great time in Quartzsite as a new member! 7 years 6 months ago #355

• F429064Levy
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
B) Wow! Your experience was certainly different than ours. We attended the Quartzite rally two years ago. We arrived on the camping road after dark, called the number available for those who get lost and somebody with a flashlight met us on the road and guided us in. We were impressed as that was really thoughtful and supportive when there must have been 15 different active RV sites on that highway.
It was a nice gesture to be brought in like that because we were lost out there in the nite. We were give a place to park and invited to attend the firepit and get acquainted.
We were ready to meet other Safari people as we walked over to the gathering where a lot of folks in their 70's and 80's were sitting around. No one introduced themselves. We attempted but were met with reserve. It felt like we had intruded into a place where we did not belong. It was dark and I kind of understand their fear of meeting new people in dark especially as we are in our 60's and maybe our dress and manner did not meet up to their expectations.
With that said, we left the next morning early as we have made better neighbors parking out in the desert with no affilations to any group. Nor have we attended another rally of any kind since then. It does me well to read that your experience was gratifying and not everyone new is given the treatment we experienced.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

Home | About Us | Photos | Rallies | Members | News | Forum | Contact Us
© Copyright 2014-2020 Safari International | Website developed by Blu Dove Designs | Website Hosting provided by InterServer