TOPIC:

Newbie, just bought a 1997 Safari 5 years 8 months ago #627

• F465114Ellis
  • F465114Ellis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there!

My wife and I just bought a 1997 Safari Sahara 3044. Nothing like starting out with a Diesel pusher as your 1st rig. We're mostly planning to visit national, state and local parks in Florida with it. Our daughter is 6 and loves being outside and exploring.

It seems to be a well maintained rig and it certainly doesn't look its age. It came with some really handy stuff like all the gear we need to flat tow our ride minus the base plate for our car. We haven't had to do too much to get her ready for action. The detail in the maintenance records was bordering on too detailed, but it appears to have had all of its necessary services along the way. I'm pretty handy with fixing things, and I look forward to picking some of your brains with the coach specific stuff you guys have run in to. I'm planning on changing the coolant and transmission fluid soon, but other than that she's ready. We gave 15k for it and best I can tell we'll have another 600/800 in maintenance items at the most before I consider it road ready, plus another 400 or so for a baseplate for the towed. All said and done it's a lot cheaper than my 1st preference which required me buying a new truck =)

I've attached a pic of our RV, can't wait to hit the road with it next week.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: F184546Hoult

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Newbie, just bought a 1997 Safari 5 years 7 months ago #628

• F184546Hoult
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
We have a 1993 Safari and we love it. Bought it 15 years ago and put 60,000+ on it so far. Come join us at one of the rallies, there are several coming up in 2017 in the SE region of the club.
Jay Hoult

Re: Newbie, just bought a 1997 Safari 5 years 7 months ago #629

• F465114Ellis
  • F465114Ellis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks, we're going to try and get signed up for the rally in Tavares. Should be fun!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

Home | About Us | Photos | Rallies | Members | News | Forum | Contact Us
© Copyright 2014-2020 Safari International | Website developed by Blu Dove Designs | Website Hosting provided by InterServer